Are you a freelancer or contractor? Do you run an organization hiring these types of workers?
If you answered yes to any of the questions, you likely need to file form 1099 and need to meet form 1099 MISC Reporting requirements. Unfortunately, while penalties for incorrect filing are high, the requirements can be confusing. This training, provided by our mentors at Montgomery Coscia Greilich LLP , will help give you the edge you need to file correctly. MCG will discuss:
- Who is an independent contractor vs an employee
- What should you send a new vendor/contractor, for completion, before payment is issued
- What do you send Foreign Contractors paid during the year
- What are the various types of 1099’s
- What vendors receive a 1099-Misc
- 1099-Misc deadlines and what happens if you miss the deadline
- When do you use form 945 for vendor/contractor payment
- How to complete and file 1099-Misc.
Food will be provided!