Join Liz True, paralegal at Vela Wood, for an in-depth conversation on File Management.
Liz will go over the importance of file organization, naming, storage, and retrieval. Without a system in place, things tend to get a little messy!
Topics that will be covered:
- Methods for developing, adopting, and keeping file naming conventions and folder structure standards
- Planning for growth: how naming conventions and folder standards affect future implementation of a Document Management System (DMS)
- Discussion of a few different DMS options on the market
- Originals vs. copies: which originals should be retained, and retention policies for those originals
- E-signatures: Yes. Always. (almost)
- Tracking signatures
- Tracking contract metrics (expirations, auto-renewals, rate increases, notice info, etc.)
*LUNCH + DRINKS WILL BE PROVIDED*
About Liz True:
Liz is a paralegal at Vela Wood PC, a boutique corporate law firm that focuses its practice on M&A, emerging businesses, and venture transactions. Vela Wood runs a “paperless” office and in 2017 adopted and implemented NetDocuments, a cloud-based document management system (DMS).
Prior to her time at Vela Wood, Liz was part of the project team at Fulbright & Jaworski responsible for rolling out the firm-wide implementation of 3M’s RFID Tracking System and Accutrac Records Management Software.
In 2008, Liz became the Corporate Legal Coordinator for Cornerstone Healthcare Group. At Cornerstone, Liz did away with the outdated spreadsheet system for contract management by selecting and implementing an enterprise-wide contract lifecycle management (CLM) software solution.